1) What is Tiberinus' message to a sleeping Aeneas?
2) How does Evander greet Aeneas, what are his reasons, and why is this surprising?
3) Why all the Hercules talk?
4) Notice how important the Tiber and farming are in the descriptions.
5) How does Venus get involved?
6) Pay special attention to Evander's goodbye to Pallas starting on 760.
7) Itemize the incidents portrayed on the shield, starting on 860...you need no other histories of Rome. What is Aeneas' reaction to all this?
1) Juno meddles, what does she urge Turnus to do? Why now?
2) Nisus and Euryalus get involved again, what do they propose?
3) Check out Ascanius' speech 360ff., what's he proposing? Is he a "man" yet?
4) Describe the two men's mission, are they successful? What leads to their demise? Remember the race. Describe 660's ghastly sight.
5) Turnus enjoys some successdescrie the tone of any of his 'rousing' speeches.
6) What act rings Ascanius closer to manhood?
7) See 1031: "Achilles has been found again, and here" who said it & what's the point?
8) How does Turnus escape at the very end of this book?