Yay! You guys did it! We've all worked hard all year, and I'm sure it paid off for those of you who took the AP test. Any comments, feelings, suggestions, etc? Feel free to post them here (and maybe give some suggestions to future AP test takers).
So now you know the Aenied front to back, can recite the scenes in REVERSE order, name EVERY poetic device used in EACH scene, AND can act out ALL of Juno's speeches... in LATIN (Well maybe not EVERYONE... but hey there are always things to strive for right?), so now what you may ask? Well for starters, school is not done yet! Let me repeat that, we still have class! You know, that room we go to everyday and talk about latin and important life lessons - like what you can duct tape to your thigh. So for all you latin starved students who feel they have lost meaning in their life now the AP test is over here are a few ideas... More suggestions welcome!
1. Pay attention/go to class: there are tons of nifty things that go on... need I say more?
2. Memorize a latin passage: not only will you impress guys/girls you can offically place youself in the "Latin nerd club"
3. Latin Artwork: this one is for all you artists out there! Make something cool to add to the walls
4. Offical Latin Gear (T-shirts,sweatshirts, whatever): We've been talking about this all year!!! How bout actually doing it now?
5. Make your own Latin Movie: The Aeneid needs to be recorded in cinematic history, are you going to be the one to do it? (At Hajir's request)
6. Read the Aenied: If you were one of those people who never actually read the Aenied, now is the time... better late than never, I suppose. Maybe everything will finally make sense?
7. Become an expert on some random Latin thing: seemingly random information always can come in handy, plus nothing declares Latin fanaticism better than a 20 min rant on Pompeiian fish sauce
8. Find ways to infuse Latin phrases/comparisons/Davey quotes into everyday life: Not only will you get strange looks, but most people will have no clue what your talking about!
9. Become fluent in Latin: same as above... but now you can talk with the POPE!
10. Proudly display Latin Stuff in every one of your other classes: You know that vocab your supposed to do? Rip it up in front of the teacher and say, "I don't need this I have Latin!" Make sure to have a latin book clearly displayed on your desk at ALL TIMES and be throughly engaged in it while your other teachers are lecturing. Ya, and make sure to have STACKS of Latin stuff that you just drag around all day and work on in every class. ;)
11-infinity. Any other ideas you have! From stuffing fortune cookies with quotes/phrases (Dr. O or Latin based), to trying to actually build the Trojan horse, the possibilities are endless! Enjoy and feel free to contribute your own ideas!
Once again congrats to the APers and a merry last 4 weeks to all!