Book VI ?'s
1) What is the role of Deiphobe in this book?
2) What about Misenus?
3) Talk briefly about those who are on the jaws of Orcus, 376 ff.
4) Comment on Charon's role and appearance.
5) Recap the Dido/Aeneas episode in this book. Whose side do you take, why?
6) Talk about a few of the punishments described from 753-839.
7) Describe the Deiphobus episode. Who is the main culprit?
8) Talk about the Romans foretold to Aeneas, which we did not translate. 1084-1155.
Book VII ?'s
1) Briefly describe Latinus and his family situation.
2) What has the soothsayer told about his daughter's situation?
3) The tables omen...who interprets it and what does it mean for the Trojans?
4) What were the Latins doing when Ilionesus's assembly arrives? What is the purpose of Ilioneus' assembly?
5) What is Latinus' reply to the envoys?
6) Comment on Juno's speech, 398-441.
7) What does Allecto do?
8) Silvia's stag is the saddest incident, what is its role here?
9) What is the custom with the gates of war?
10) Briefly comment on the various allies of Turnus. In your opinion who is the most interesting?