Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Vergil Journal 9: Book V ?'s
(the cool pic from our book!)^^
So these are the "questions" just in case you've forgotten them or what not...
1) Summarize the opening scene, why and how to honor Anchinses? (from Fitzgerald)
2) The games are interesting. Briefly describe each event. Which is the weirdest, in your opinion and why? They all are either pretty strange, or have strange resolutions.
3) The women get riled up, describe what they do, and who puts an end to their ploy (ploy is such a cool word). Pay particular attention to Ascanius' activity. He is taking a leadership role for once... :)
4) Comment on the Palinurus episode, did anyone see this coming (a Davy rhetorical ?)?
5) Bonus, what Cambridge reading (s) was/were obviously modeled on the book? (we pretty much already answered this...)